Recruitment is a risky business and research shows that traditional interviews typically have only a 1 in 10 chance of selecting a candidate who is an excellent fit for the role and organisation. To significantly improve this, assessment centres are increasingly being used as a key part of the selection process.
Assessment Centres use role and organisation specific competencies to evaluate candidates. A range of activities related to the role together with ability and psychometric testing combine to test candidates more rigorously and fairly and to provide the employer with the opportunity to make a more informed and accurate hiring decision.
With extensive experience in designing and managing assessment centres from entry to Board level positions, The Urquhart Partnership offers you a flexible and tailored approach. Whether you have a group of candidates to assess or just one strong candidate you would like to evaluate thoroughly, our assessment centre solutions will meet your needs.
- More objective and in depth than recruitment interviews alone
- Perceived by candidates a more robust, fair and objective process
- Adds value to and significantly improves the quality of the selection process
- Reduce the risk of hiring people who don't fit the role
- Provides a more rounded view of candidates' strengths and areas for development